Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's Happening Now?

Two weeks ago, several characters offered a midweek update about their current lives – which, in turn, shed some light on their authors' current progress (or, ahem, lack of progress).

Now, it's time for another What's Happening Now? This is a chance for authors to share what's happening within their stories by speaking through their characters' unique voices.

So, let's hear it, characters. It's time to share your trials, your successes, your goals, whatever's on your mind at the moment – and hopefully, by revealing where you are in your story, you'll help inspire your authors to keep moving forward with theirs.

Remember, this is for characters only!

7 comments:

Aidan said...

I just got in from a swim and I'm looking for Marc. He said he'd fix me breakfast, but he's probably still in bed. Lucy is. Jason is gone taking Kaelin to the airport since he's off on a mission. Uncle Julian is in the office already. That's about it for here.

Candy said...

Out on the cliffs, with the sea brushing the rocks below, the cry of gulls and the sweet smell of broom, I looked up the hill behind me to where a flag whipped in the wind atop a small building. It gave me the strangest feeling, as though I had been there before, and when I climbed up to it and went inside the deja vu grew even stronger. It was both scary and good. It also made me sad as though homesick for a past that was never mine. Weird!

Aidan said...

I can see you there, Candy, with my Sight. I wish we could hang out there together, but Lord Prince Arond has called me away again, so I'm headed to England later today.

Marenya said...

Everyone else is asleep, but I feel I must climb to the top and see what is there. I don't know why, but I must go.

A said...

While my author is busy daydreaming up a mussel recipe, in the meantime, she is also playing with an idea for a shift in several scenes she wants me to be more sympathetic in. She is trying to decide how far into the dark side I need to go.

Devi Marconi said...

My author has officially decided to take a two-month hiatus from her novel - until she's done with her current travel guide. She seems sad about it, but hopefully, she'll keep dreaming about me, Olivia, and the others... until she has time for us again.

Dmitri said...

School is hell...Remind me again why I chose to repeat the seventh grade for the twelfth time. And, on top of this school crap I can't smoke here at all, and I just found out the kid I turned into dinner the other night died and disappeared from the morgue. I didn't kill him I swear to God...good I didn't burst into flames...and I sure as hell didn't turn the little you know what into a vampire. I have a feeling somebody did though. So, if you can't my day has suddenly turned into a hand-basket making a one way trip.