Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What's Happening Now?

It's hard to believe that another week has gone by. Time sure does fly when you're working hard and/or having fun. I hope you've had time for both this week, and I trust that you've made a little more progress with your current writing projects.

'Cause, whether we like it or not, it's that time again – time for our midweek update – a chance for characters to reveal their current whereabouts and experiences. In this way, authors can share what's happening within their stories by speaking through their characters' unique voices.

So, let's hear it, characters. It's time to share your joys, your woes, your dreams, or whatever else is on your mind – and hopefully, by revealing where you are in your story, you'll help inspire your authors to keep moving forward with theirs.

Remember, this is for characters only!

12 comments:

Candy said...

Well, y'know I was feeling so rotten in that motel room, in that little town, when the maid came in she was really worried about me. She looked through my stuff for some address and found the one I had put on the dresser for the person I was to find today - my great aunt's very first lover. She phoned them. Said they must know me 'cause I had their number. So they're coming to get me! What can I tell them? The woman may not like being told of her husbands first love so I'd better shut up about it. Wonder what he'll be like, that once sensitive, beautiful young boy? But oh gosh. I feel so sick!

Kalila said...

I put wings on a pig this week, at Nevin's suggestion that it would help our promotions. Then Ricky came along and said it wouldn't work and we had to rehearse instead.

Humans really know how to take the fun out of things.

When Pigs Fly

Jesse Littleton said...

Oh, Kalila, we're not ALL bad!

I, for one, would love to see a pig fly.

Devi Marconi said...

Naturally, you'd say something like that, you silly man.

Me? I'd feel sorry for the poor thing!

Jesse Littleton said...

Of course, you would. Which is why I love you.

...but, for the record, I'd still like to see a pig fly.

Devi Marconi said...

Sigh.

Marenya said...

Absolutely nothing has happened, other than a bit of conversation among our party about what to do next.

Unbelievable! My author is whining that she must work for a living. What about us? We aren't "living" at all when she stops writing.

At least I've been resting in a safe place. I can't honestly complain about that.

Aidan said...

Dude. We're bored here, too. Sounds like it's time for a party.

Laura Martone said...

Heck, yeah. I'm down with a party.

Nutmeg Cross said...

Hey! You're not supposed to be here today. It's "characters only," remember?

Laura Martone said...

Oops. Sorry, Meg. Aidan said "party," and my brain went all wiggy. I forgot where I was for a second.

Olivia Harper said...

We'll forgive you if you just put down the travel guide... and get back to your fiction. We're dying to live!