Friday, February 12, 2010

Emote This: Passion

Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, it seems appropriate to consider an emotion we've never before discussed: passion.

Some of us probably think of passion as an ardent devotion to someone or something – a spouse, perhaps, or an interest that continually enchants us. Others equate passion with seemingly uncontrollable emotions like anger and frenzy. Still others believe passion is akin to religious rapture, fervor, or zeal. But, of course, when most of us feel passion, it's of the romantic variety – ecstasy, desire, infatuation, perhaps even obsession.

No doubt, we've all felt passion at one time or another – passion for a sworn duty, a forbidden love, maybe even a bizarre hobby. So, now's the time to let it all out!

Authors and characters alike are welcome to share their passions – whether attainable or otherwise.

-----

P.S. Remember, we're having a Valentine exchange this weekend, so be sure to stop by and pass along a Valentine or two. And who knows? You might just find one waiting for you!

14 comments:

Nevin said...

I left my people and have lived in exile among humans to pursue my love of music, so I suppose you might say that it's my passion.

Bo said...

If you want passion, you should see Ricky and the djinn go at it. Of course, Kalila will deny it.

Kalila said...

I have no idea what you're talking about, Bo. Go away.

Bo said...

I rest my case.

Aidan said...

I guess killing demons is my passion now but it was something given to me, not mine.

I don't think I'm old enough to have a passion yet.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

My children and my teaching job are my passions. :-)

Olivia Harper said...

Oh, Aidan, you're never too young to have a passion. I had a passion for art when I was just a child - and now, I'm a professional artist.

Laura Martone said...

That's wonderful, Shannon!

I'd say my family (hubby + kitty) and my writing are my passions.

Laura Martone said...

That's funny - I just realized that my passions look a lot like my "favorite things" from Monday's discussion. Oops.

Candy said...

Passion? I used to think sex was passion but then I found it really wasn't and got kinda boring, at least with that usually drugged out boyfriend of mine. So I guess this journey I'm beginning is becoming my passion because, now, following in the tracks of my Great Aunt's life fills every hour of every day.
When I was at her house, painting was my passion.

Bo said...

Candy, you poor thing. Let's get together for Valentine's Day so I can correct your thinking on sex and passion.

Nutmeg Cross said...

Oh, Bo, you never change, do you? Only one thing on that incubus mind of yours...

Calvin Mertz said...

Nothing wrong with a passion for sex, especially given the time of year.

When I finish a house or win a big pot of poker that the first thing on my list. I guess you can say I have a passion for excitement.

Robert Crane said...

I have a passion for beer. And Amy. Not necessarily in that order.

Hey Bro, got any extra cash? I spent all mine on Amy at Victoria's Secret. We'll go do something.


Dang; what's with all these seven letter word verifs. None of em make sense.