Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's Happening Now?

Once again, another two weeks have slipped by since we last shared our latest goings-on. Well, here it is again – time for our midweek update – a chance for characters to reveal their current, or at least most recent, whereabouts. In this way, authors can share what's happening within their stories by speaking through their characters' unique voices.

So, let's hear it, guys, gals, and creatures! What have you done in the past two weeks? Voyaged to any wondrous places? Battled any disagreeable siblings? Made a new friend or two?

Feel free to spill any and all of your latest adventures, and hopefully, by revealing where you are in your story, you'll help inspire your authors to keep moving forward with theirs.

Remember, this is for characters only!

11 comments:

Abigail said...

Well, I'm unconsious at the momet...but I think my author will get some things happening soon.

Jesse Littleton said...

Unconscious? Well, that sounds ominous.

Were you hit in the head? Or did you party a little too hard last night?

Nutmeg Cross said...

Either way, that doesn't sound like too much fun.

Hey... where is everyone these days? Seems that authors and characters alike have lost interest in Come In Character.

Has our little community finally run its course?

Candy said...

I told myself not to be the only one today.I shall be extremely sad to see this little world go, but I cannot expect our wonderful leader(s) to go to all that trouble when sometimes it's only for me.
I especially love the Friday first sentence exercise and don't understand why others don't join in as it only takes a few moments and is great oil for the imagination. The other topics are great too for keeping in touch with our imaginary worlds even when we didn't have time to write our novels.
I really became fond of everyone, but then I believe the characters in puppet shows are real too. I guess they are as real as I am, anyway!

Galadriel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abigail said...

Party? Er...only if you consider sneaking into an evil fortress and getting nearly choked "partying..."
I know my author doesn't do the Monday things because she doesn't want any more ideas bubbling in her head. What have you all been up too?

Aidan said...

I know I know I know. We've been gone.

I mean, really GONE.

I'm not even sure where Kaelin is at the moment. I heard they sent him to the Philippines, but I sense a lie in there somewhere...

And Jay and Marc and me, we can't really say where we are...

Abigail said...

Not knowing where you are...that sounds nasty. Almost as nasty as my author deciding to elimanate all written language.

Olivia Harper said...

Eliminate all written language? Uh, how can an "author" want such a thing?

Abigail said...

She says it's because
A. we're mostly oral anyway.
B. Simplifies education
C. Doesn't change the story

Devi Marconi said...

Hmmm... I see your author's point - but nevertheless, I'm a huge fan of the written word. It would be hard for me to eradicate altogether...