Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What's Happening Now?

My, my, where has the time gone? Why, it seems only yesterday that we were sharing our latest goings-on. Well, here it is again – time for our midweek update – a chance for characters to reveal their current, or at least most recent, whereabouts. In this way, authors can share what's happening within their stories by speaking through their characters' unique voices.

So, let's hear it, guys, gals, and creatures! What have you done over the past seven days? Experienced any stupendous places? Battled any horrendous beasts? Found yourself in a spot of trouble, supernatural or otherwise?

Feel free to spill any and all of your latest adventures, and hopefully, by revealing where you are in your story, you'll help inspire your authors to keep moving forward with theirs.

Remember, this is for characters only!

5 comments:

Lisa Marie Miles said...

Yesterday I rewrote a new opening for my novel (10 pages by hand, which I never have time to do), because a reader told me my original one was boring. Gee, thanks.

Candy said...

It is amazing the moods and behaviors thirty people go through when they expect to die on a designated date. My author is in the midst of that mess of emotions now and should reach the finale pretty soon. I don't know how she's going to work it out but I guess she does.

Valerie, do you do all that after only one person's critique?

Olivia Harper said...

Good for you, Lisa! I know how hard it must be to rewrite your beginning... my author's going through the same thing right now, and if her beta readers get their way, there will be less of me in the novel.

Candy said...

Lisa, Sorry! Where on earth did I get the name Valerie from?!

Nutmeg Cross said...

I noticed that, too, Candy, but I just thought your grand love affair was making your brain a bit fuzzy. Teehee.