Monday, March 23, 2009

About the blog

Hi. I've been getting questions from folks about whether I am on this blog in character. You betcha, I am.

I partly started this blog because I had a similar experience once, and found it really sharpened my writing. I also had tons of fun. I'm hoping to share that with other people who might be interested.

But the other reason is I'm developing a book that involves characters talking to one another. I only have two of those characters nailed down. I need several more. So, I'm also here to practice and develop voices.

I've picked up that some people may be concerned that I'm trying to manipulate the site, or manipulate people. That's truly not my intention. I'm having fun, and interacting.

Hope that makes everything clear and above board.

That said, I'm very grateful that other people want to be here. I've always thought of the internet as one big writing playground. It's so much fun to have other people who want to build sand castles, climb jungle gyms and hang upside down from the bars, too.

But enough about me. Back to being in character!

6 comments:

Marilyn Peake said...

Very cool, Mira! Great blog! Several of my characters have visited this blog and enjoyed being here.

Mira said...

I'm so glad, Marilyn! :-)

By the way, Amazon finally delivered your book today. I'm very much looking forward to it. I've been so impressed with your prose here - you write beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Came over from Nathan Bransford's blog. A very inspired idea. I love to speak with new voices, and I'm going to stop by and have a few characters chat with you guys. Mira, I wish you the best of luck for this luck!

Anonymous said...

Luck for this blog. *rolleyes*

Mira said...

Thanks Anon, I appreciate the good wishes. I'm glad you're here. I look forward to chatting with your voices. :-)

Marilyn Peake said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Mira! You just made my day! Hope you enjoy The Fisherman's Son.