Thursday, December 13, 2012

Emote This: Gratitude

It's been a while since I've visited Come In Character, and I sure have missed the camaraderie of the like-minded authors and characters that used to congregate here. Obviously, I hope you're all doing well, wherever you happen to be.

After all, life can be pretty unpredictable – and we've probably all experienced our fair share of ups and downs over the past six months.

In late October, for instance, my husband was hospitalized for internal bleeding, and the thought of losing him made me fret, cry, and feel extremely grateful for his presence in my life. The fact that he made it out of the hospital in relatively good condition – and was able to spend yet another Thanksgiving with me filled me with even more gratitude, which got me wondering...

Who – or what – are you most grateful for – and why?

All authors and characters are welcome to share their gratitude with us!

8 comments:

Batya said...

I'm grateful that Baby didn't burn down the forge.

Mishel said...

Is that all you're grateful for, Batya?

Batya said...

No, I'm also exceedingly grateful for good friends. I'm sorry about your wagon.

Mishel said...

You should be.

Chris said...

I'm grateful that the freaking elevja can't sense me. It's the only advantage I have.

Laura Martone said...

Wow! That does sound like a lot to be grateful for!

Candy's author said...

Wow, thought we'd lost you forever! Good to see you back and your husband safe. Mine died of leukemia last year and I am so grateful for all my wonderful friends and neighbors, and my writing and book signings which have kept me busy. My characters are probably glad to be working again too!

Laura Martone said...

Sorry for the absence. I'll try to be better in the future. :-)

In the meantime, I'm so sorry for your loss - I can only imagine how hard that must have been. As for me, I'm just grateful my hubby is okay. Now, if only I could get back to my own writing!

Of course, I'm glad to hear that you're keeping busy - it's never a bad thing to fill your time with writing projects and book signings. Good for you! Oh, and Happy Holidays!