Saturday, December 24, 2011

What If... Santa Could Bring You Anything?

In many parts of the world, today is considered Christmas Eve – the time when countless children eagerly await the arrival of Santa Claus, that jolly, superhuman giver of gifts. Prior to Christmas morning, most of these very same children have written (and, in some cases, sent to the North Pole) lengthy wish lists, filled with all the toys, games, and other pleasures that they're hoping Santa will leave for them.

Of course, no matter what you might believe or which holidays you celebrate in your own world, it's undoubtedly tempting to think that a mythical creature might grant your fondest wish.

So, authors and characters, I ask you:

What if Santa – or his gift-giving equivalent – could bring you anything you desire? What would it be?

And, for those who celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, and/or New Year's Day, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! See you in 2012!

16 comments:

Aidan said...

We had a tree for the first time for Ginger. Well, it is her house. :)

The rest of Sentinel thought we were nuts but we didn't care. They always think we're nuts anyway.

Saxen said...

The tree was lovely! It made the whole mansion smell wonderful.

Kaelin said...

You're supposed to say what you want. You never read the post.

Aidan said...

Oh! Asmodai dead, of course.

And a new snowmobile.

Saxen said...

I would like Raynor and I to have our own house.

Laura Martone said...

No worries, Kaelin. It's Christmas, after all, so your brother can be forgiven for not following instructions...

Ginger said...

I'd kind of like to have our own house, too.

Kaelin said...

We do. It's just everyone else lives there with us.

Saxen said...

Raynor and I did just buy our own house!

But then thralls came and messed it all up by attacking us there. So it needs a thorough cleaning.

Ginger said...

That's what I meant, Kaelin. Congratulations on the house, Saxen! I can't wait to see it.

I know what you mean about the mess thralls can make, but Sentinel is really good at that kind of thing.

Kaelin said...

We can ask them to leave.

Maybe it's time my brother got his own place as well. Then we wouldn't have so many guards around.

Ginger said...

We could, but we might need help when the twins arrive. I was kind of hoping Jason and Selbrinna could be prevailed upon...? I'm sure my mom would come for as long as we need, though.

Jason said...

We go where Aidan and Ashlyn go, love. You know that. We're a 2 for one sort of group. And then if Marenya's still about, then we've got Faldur, and then Cassidy coming round at all hours, no doubt.

But aye, getting rid...ahem, Saxen and Raynor and Warrin moving out should cut down on the noise pollution a little. Less lion hair all over everything as well.

Kaelin said...

Sigh. (wanders off to smoke)

Olivia Harper said...

Our beach house is pretty big - and well-equipped for company. But, I must admit, I'm always glad to see our guests go. So, I completely understand where you're coming from, Ginger. I love it when it's just me, the hubby, the kids, and the dog. That's enough, believe me!

Saxen said...

Yes. The Trevets now number eleven, I think, with the twins on the way. And Faldur and Cassidy.

We are quite a crowd and someone is always upset with someone.